Skip to main content


As of March 13, 2020, the PUCO is at minimal staffing levels and responses may be delayed. Please use the online contact form here.

Report blocked crossings to Federal Railroad Administration

Click here to access the FRA’s blocked crossing reporting tool. 

The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) has no authority over blocked rail crossings. The Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) has an online reporting form designed to collect data on this nationwide issue. 

Submit rail safety issues to the PUCO Rail Division using the PUCO Contact Us form or by calling the Rail Division at (614) 466-1150. 

If you would like to directly contact the FRA regarding a blocked crossing issue please visit the FRA website for contact information.