Phase 1: A Glimpse of the Future
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
180 E. Broad Street, 11B, Columbus Ohio
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
9:00 to 9:15 a.m. - Opening Remarks
9:15 to 10:15 a.m. - Using Innovation to Enhance the Customer Experience
10:15 to 10:30 a.m. - Break
10:30 to 11:30 a.m. - SGCC: Consumer Pulse and Market Segmentation Study
11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 to 2:30 p.m. - Innovation for the Customer: Panel 1
- Richard Caperton, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Oracle Utilities
- YeYe Zhang, Business Development, Nest – Energy Partnerships
- Katie Guerry, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs, EnerNOC, Inc.
2:30 to 2:45 p.m. - Break
2:45 to 4:15 p.m. - Innovation for the Customer: Panel 2
- Mike DiNucci, Senior Vice President, Sales, ChargePoint, Inc.
- Becky Campbell, Utility Market Development, FirstSolar, Inc.
- Manoj Kumar, Chief Executive Officer, Powerley
Wednesday, April 19, 2017
9:00 to 10:00 a.m. - Why Do We Need to Modernize the Grid?
10:00 to 10:15 a.m. - Break
10:15 to 11:45 a.m. - Innovation for the Grid: Panel 1
- Ty Roberts, Director, Electricity Product Marketing, Itron, Inc.
- Brian Bowen, Regulatory Affairs Manager, FirstFuel Software
- Pablo Barrague, Market Development Manager, AES Energy Storage
11:45 to 1:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 to 1:15 p.m. - Commission Meeting
1:15 to 2:45 p.m. - Innovation for the Grid: Panel 2
- Don Wingate, Vice President Sales, Utility Solutions, Schneider Electric
- John McDonald, Smart Grid Business Development Leader, GE Grid Solutions
2:45 to 3:00 p.m. - Break
3:00 to 4:15 p.m. - Technology Research
- Ken Loparo, Nord Professor and Chair, Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Case Western Reserve University
- Ramteen Sioshansi, Associate Professor, Department of Integrated Systems Engineering, The Ohio State University
Thursday, April 20, 2017
9:00 to 10:00 a.m. - Ohio Perspectives: Panel 1
- Ram Sastry, Vice President, Infrastructure and Business Continuity, AEP
- Joe Bentley, Vice President, Customer Operations, AES Corporation
10:00 to 10:15 a.m. - Break
10:15 to 11:45 a.m. - Ohio Perspectives: Panel 2
- Evan Wilson, Product Leader – Corporate Innovation, IGS Energy Home Services
- Thomas Hawes, Sales Director, Distributed Energy – Enterprise Sales, Direct Energy/Centrica
- Duncan Stiles, Senior Vice President, Just Energy Labs, Just Energy
- Joel Elkins, Vice President, R&D and Product Development, Think Energy, ENGIE North America
11:45 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. - Lunch
1:00 to 2:00 p.m. - Ohio Perspectives: Panel 3
- Dave Karafa, Utilities Vice President, Distribution Support, FirstEnergy
- Sasha Weintraub, Senior Vice President, Customer Solutions, Duke Energy
2:00 to 2:15 p.m. - Break
2:15 to 3:45 p.m. - Ohio Perspectives: Panel 4
- Michael A. Beirne, Vice President of External Affairs, American Municipal Power
- Mike Kurtz, Counsel, Ohio Energy Group
- Doug Miller, Vice President, Statewide Services, Ohio Rural Electric Cooperatives, Inc.
- Chris Healey, Energy Resource Planning Counsel, Ohio Consumers’ Counsel
The trademark “PowerForward” is used pursuant to a limited license agreement with Heartland Consumer Power District located in Madison, SD.