One Source Energy
On Sept. 11, 2019, the Commission granted an extension filed by Northeast Ohio Natural Gas Corporation (NEO) to allow for the sale and transfer of One Source's assets and natural gas system to NEO and directs the East Ohio Gas Company to continue providing natural gas service to One Source until Sept. 20, 2019.
On Sept. 4, 2019, a PUCO attorney examiner entry granted a motion from Northeast Ohio Natural Gas Corporation (NEO) to stay the deadline to shut off service, pending a final sale of One Source to NEO. Read the entry here.
The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) has ordered One Source Energy, LLC to cease operations by Sept. 6, 2019. It is recommended that customers of One Source explore alternative heating sources. Read the full customer notice here.
Read the full news release here.
One Source Customer Resources
- PUCO Call Center - 800-686-7826
- Map of Ohio natural gas distribution companies and contact information
- Propane suppliers
- On May 24, 2016, One Source filed an application with the PUCO to be certified as a natural gas distribution company.
- On Sept. 28, 2017, PUCO staff filed its review of the company’s application and noted the utility was providing service to customers without the Commission’s authority, and the certification application was incomplete.
- On April 11, 2018, the Commission ordered One Source to file specific financial information necessary for its review, and directed the company to cease enrolling new customers until granted authority by the PUCO.
- On Aug. 22, 2018, One Source officials failed to comply with subpoenas to appear for depositions and provide testimony regarding its operations.
- On March 8, 2019, PUCO staff updated its recommendation indicating One Source continued to fail to comply with requests for information or reply to multiple notices that the company was in violation of gas pipeline safety rules. PUCO staff also noted that One Source has been enrolling new customers in violation of a previous Commission order.
- On April 8, 2019, One Source officials failed to appear at hearing after it was discovered the company was continuing to enroll new customers, in direct violation of a Commission order.
- On July 31, 2019, the Commission ordered One Source to comply with Commission directives or cease operations.
The full docket regarding One Source's natural gas distribution application can be found here.