Skip to main content

Get help with a complaint

The PUCO can help resolve disputes between residential, business and industrial consumers and regulated utility and moving companies. Before contacting the PUCO, you should contact the utility or moving company to give them the opportunity to resolve the dispute directly.

There are four ways to contact the PUCO with a complaint:

  1. Fill out the online complaint form.
  2. Call the PUCO Call Center at (800) 686-PUCO (7826), 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  3. Fax your complaint to (614) 752-8351.
  4. Mail your complaint to:
    Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
    Attn: CSD
    180 E. Broad Street
    Columbus, Ohio 43215-3793

Please keep in mind that the information you provide the PUCO is considered public information. Review the PUCO privacy notice for more information.

If the PUCO is unable to resolve your dispute informally, or you are unsatisfied with the resolution, you may file a formal complaint with the PUCO. If you choose to file a formal complaint, the PUCO will open an administrative law case which involves proceedings similar to those held in a court of law. To request a formal complaint form, call the PUCO at (800) 686-7826.

Ask a question

Do you have a question about the PUCO or your utility services? The PUCO can provide information about utility payment plans, the rules governing utility companies and the status of pending cases before the Commission. Contact the PUCO Call Center at (800) 686-PUCO or use our online form to get help with your question.