Electric market monitoring reporting forms
The Division of Planning and Market Analysis is required by 4901:1-25-02 of the Ohio Administrative Code to collect monthly information on a quarterly basis from:
- Electric distribution utilities (EDU)
- Competitive retail electric service (CRES) providers: certified electric utilities power marketers, power brokers, aggregators or independent power producers/distributed generators
- Certified competitive electric cooperatives
- Governmental aggregators
The purpose of these market monitoring requirements is to assist the PUCO in determining the extent to which effective competition exists for a competitive retail electric service. The forms and instructions were created in a Microsoft Excel 97 and can only be viewed in Microsoft Excel. You are required to e-mail all necessary data to the PUCO in Excel format.
Update: As of January 21, 2016, if you provided generation through one or more green pricing programs during the applicable quarter, you will need to submit a PUCO Form 1.6 for each territory where those programs were available
Forms and instructions
To view the forms and instructions, please click on the links below. An Excel file will be loaded that contains two sheets. The first sheet contains the form and the second sheet contains the instructions. In order to view either the form or the instructions, simply click on the appropriate tab.
To return to this page after viewing the appropriate form, click on your back button or close the Excel spreadsheet.
List of forms
- Reporting Requirements - displays which forms you need to fill out
- PUCO Form 1.1- cover sheet - required of all entities
- PUCO Form 1.3 - competitive generation services - required of certified electric utilities, power marketers, independent power producers/distributed generators and certified competitive electric cooperatives
- PUCO Form 1.4 - aggregation services - required of aggregators and governmental aggregators
- PUCO Form 1.6 – competitive generation services - required of certified electric utilities, power marketers, independent power producers/distributed generators and certified competitive electric cooperatives providing green pricing in one or more regulated service territories.
Instructions to download
- Click on one of the forms listed above that you wish to download.
- After the Excel file is loaded, click on [FILE] [SAVE AS].
- Type in the directory and the name that you wish to save the file under. For example, c:\test.xls saves the file in the c directory with filename of test.xls.
Attention Power Brokers
If you are registered as a broker with the PUCO and did not take title to any energy this reporting period, you are only required to submit Page 1 of PUCO form 1.1 (cover sheet). No further action is required.