For Immediate Release
Contact: Jason Gilham
614 | 466 7750
PUCO outlines schedule to consider modified AEP rate plan
COLUMBUS, OHIO (April 2, 2012) – The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) today established a procedural schedule to consider AEP-Ohio’s modified electric security plan (ESP) application. The proceedings will allow AEP-Ohio, PUCO staff, the public and other stakeholders to present testimony regarding the utility’s rate proposal. The Commission intends to issue a decision in the case this summer.
The procedural schedule is as follows:
- April 9, 2012: The PUCO will host a technical conference to help customers and stakeholders better understand AEP-Ohio’s application. The conference will begin at 10 a.m. at the PUCO offices, 180 E. Broad St., Hearing Room 11-B, Columbus. The technical conference will be webcast live at www.puco.ohio.gov.
- April 20, 2012: Motions to intervene due.
- April 27, 2012: Testimony due from AEP-Ohio.
- May 4, 2012: Testimony due from intervenors and PUCO staff.
- May 7, 2012: A procedural conference will begin at 10 a.m. at the PUCO offices, Hearing Room 11-A. Discovery requests due, except for notices of deposition.
- May 14, 2012: An evidentiary hearing will begin at 10 a.m. at the PUCO offices, Hearing Room 11-A.
- July 3, 2012: Oral arguments will be held before the Commission at the PUCO offices, 11th floor.
The PUCO will also host local public hearings to provide AEP-Ohio customers with an opportunity to testify on the record. The PUCO will schedule these hearings at a later date.
AEP-Ohio filed a modified ESP application with the PUCO on March 30, 2012. In the application, AEP-Ohio proposes a plan for the supply and pricing of electric generation service through May 31, 2015.
The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) is the sole agency charged with regulating public utility service. The role of the PUCO is to assure all residential, business, and industrial consumers have access to adequate, safe, and reliable utility services at fair prices while facilitating an environment that provides competitive choices. Consumers with utility-related questions or concerns can call the PUCO Call Center at (800) 686-PUCO (7826) and speak with a representative.
Subscribe and Unsubscribe to the PUCO Media Release e-mail service