For Immediate Release
Contact: Jason Gilham
614 | 466 7750
PUCO outlines schedule to consider DP&L rate proposal
COLUMBUS, OHIO (April 3, 2012) – The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) has established a procedural schedule to consider Dayton Power and Light’s (DP&L) market rate offer (MRO) application. The proceedings will allow PUCO staff, the public and other stakeholders to present testimony regarding the utility’s proposal.
The procedural schedule is as follows:
- April 12, 2012: The PUCO will host a technical conference to help stakeholders better understand DP&L’s application. The conference will begin at 9 a.m. at the PUCO offices, 180 E. Broad St., Hearing Room 11-B, Columbus.
- April 27: Comments due from PUCO staff.
- April 30: A prehearing conference will begin at 10 a.m. at the PUCO offices, Hearing Room 11-A.
- May 18: Motions to intervene due.
- June 13: Testimony due from intervenors.
- June 25: An evidentiary hearing will begin at 10 a.m. at the PUCO offices, Hearing Room 11-A.
DP&L filed an MRO application with the PUCO on March 30, 2012. In the application, DP&L proposes to use a competitive bidding process to set customers’ electric generation rates from January 1, 2013 through May 31, 2018.
The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO) is the sole agency charged with regulating public utility service. The role of the PUCO is to assure all residential, business, and industrial consumers have access to adequate, safe, and reliable utility services at fair prices while facilitating an environment that provides competitive choices. Consumers with utility-related questions or concerns can call the PUCO Call Center at (800) 686-PUCO (7826) and speak with a representative.
Subscribe and unsubscribe to the PUCO Media Release email service