OEWG: Ohio EDI working group
The Ohio EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) Working Group (OEWG), formerly known as the Operational Support Data Exchange (OSPOData) Workgroup, develops EDI transaction standards and procedures for customer choice in Ohio's electric service industry.
The OEWG is affiliated with the Ohio Market Development Working Group (MDWG) that was established by the Commission to streamline and aid in the development of Ohio’s competitive retail electric service market.
Join the OEWG listserve
To signup, send a message to email@example.com. You should receive a message confirming that you are subscribed to the list. If you do not get a confirmation message, please contact the PUCO staff liason. Messages sent by the listserve are from the "list.em.ohio.gov" domain, so please make sure that messages from this domain are not blocked on your mail service.
Next scheduled Ohio EDI Working Group (OEWG) meeting/teleconference
The next regular OEWG conference call is scheduled for:
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 11:00 a.m., Eastern Time
Call (866) 209-2820 and enter conference code 9291091549#
Download files for the next conference call
Commission adoption of EDI guidelines and related matters
- Case No. 16-315-EL-EDI - Commission approval of revised EDI implementation guidelines
- Case No. 15-630-EL-EDI - Commission approval of revised EDI implementation guidelines
- Case No. 14-1411-EL-ORD - Changes to Ohio Adm.Code Chapters 4901:1-10 and 4901:1-21 to Implement 2014 Sub.S.B. No. 310
- Case No. 13-1307-GA-COI - Commission review of natural gas retail market development
- Case No. 13-02-EL-EDI - Commission approval of revised EDI implementation guidelines
- Case No.12-3151-EL-COI - Commission's investigation of Ohio's retail electric service market - stakeholder collaboration workshops
- Case No. 12-2050-EL-ORD - Net metering rules
- Case No. 12-1770-EL-EDI - Commission approval of revised EDI implementation guidelines
- Case No. 00-813-EL-EDI - Commission approval of EDI implementation guidelines
Ohio electric implementation guides, transaction sets and change control requests
- Ohio EDI implementation guidelines (in ZIP file format, updated 2016-02-11)
- Ohio EDI transaction flow diagrams (from December 12, 2000, under review)
- EDI change control request form
- EDI change controls (in ZIP file format)
- Test plan - generic guide; check with the EDU for specific test plan to be used between each utility and supplier.
Ohio electric utility EDI links and contacts
- AEP provider support American Electric Power (Ohio Power Company)
- Duke Energy Ohio Certified Supplier Business Center
- FirstEnergy Supplier Services - (Cleveland Electric Illuminating, Ohio Edison & Toledo Edison)
About the OEWG
In 1999, legislation was enacted to transform Ohio’s electric industry from a monopoly to a competitive market for retail electric generation service beginning in 2001. Pursuant to this legislation, the Commission's order of November 30, 1999 in Case No. 99-1141-EL-ORD (at 26-27), directed Ohio's investor-owned electric utilities and interested stakeholders to participate in a taskforce for the development of uniform business practices and electronic data interchange (EDI) standards.
On May 15, 2000, the Operational Support Planning for Ohio Taskforce (OSPO) and Data Exchange Work Groups, which were comprised of representatives from each Ohio electric distribution utility, potential marketers and generation suppliers, and other interested parties, filed a stipulation (word version) and pro forma certified supplier tariff (word version) in Case No. 00-813-EL-EDI which were subsequently adopted by the Commission on July 19, 2000. The OSPO Taskforce was active until 2002. (Download the December 19, 2000 through November 22, 2002 OSPO Meeting Summaries in .ZIP format.)
The OSPO Data Exchange Workgroup (OSPOData) was a subgroup of the OSPO Taskforce charged with the development and implementation of the EDI transaction codes and rules to enable electric retail customers to choose an alternative generation supplier. The OSPOdata group was active from 2000 until 2004 (Download the OSPOdata Meeting Minutes from 2000 through 2004 in .ZIP format), and was reconstituted in 2010 under the OEWG name to update EDI documentation and resolve issues.