Environmental disclosure information for EDUs and CRES providers
The PUCO’s Environmental Disclosure Rules require competitive retail electric service (CRES) providers and electric distribution utilities (EDU) to file environmental disclosure forms. In 2015, the source of the regional mix data was changed from the Energy Information Administration state data to the PJM system mix. While the footprint of the regional mix has changed, the overall trend of natural gas fired power increasing and coal-fired power decreasing continues.
The annual form for January 2018 should use the 2018 percentages in the table below. If the EDU or CRES provider buys its electricity from the market, the supplier’s product and regional average should be the same.
For the quarterly forms EDUs or CRES providers that purchase electricity from the market should use the updated PJM system mix percentages in the table below for the “actual” pie chart. The “projected” pie chart should remain as the 2017 percentages above. On the air emissions bar chart the “projected” bar should extend to the regional average line while the “actual” bar should extent to percent change shown below.
The environmental disclosure rules are at the following links:
The rules include the following schedule:
- January – disclose projected data for current calendar year.
- March – disclose actual data for the prior calendar year, compared to projected data for prior calendar year.
- June – disclose actual data for the period January through March of current year, compared to projected data for current calendar year.
- September – disclose actual data for the period January through June of current year, compared to projected data for current calendar year.
- December – disclose actual data for the period January through September of current year, compared to projected data for current calendar year.
The annual form goes out in January. The quarterly form goes out in March, June, September, December.
Also, the rules state:
Each EDU or CRES provider shall electronically submit its annual projection and quarterly comparisons of environmental disclosure data to the deputy director of the utilities department or their designee consistent with the schedule presented in paragraph (C)(4)(c) of the above rule. The information provided to staff shall be identical in content and format to that provided to customers.
Additionally, environmental disclosure forms can be disclosed to customers via the EDU or CRES website, bill inserts, or by separate mailing.
The designee is:
180 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215