Ohio home performance network
Financing and incentives
- Maine – Transition to a sustainable level of incentives, June 2012
- Michigan – Experiment to find the right mix of incentives, June 2012
- Portland, OR – Use incentives to get attention and encourage deep savings, June 2012
- Clean Energy Finance Guide for Residential and Commercial Building Improvements (Third Edition)
The guide focuses on ways that state, local, and federal recipients of State Energy Program (SEP) and Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant (EECBG) awards can use funds received to create financing programs that support energy efficiency and renewable energy improvements.
- DOE Solution Center: Financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy
This website provides information about setting up energy efficiency financing programs and tools that can fund energy improvements for buildings. It also provides links to helpful resources, including financing overview content, webcasts, FAQs, case studies, and more.
- Austin's Home Performance with Energy Star Program: Making a compelling offer to a financial institution partner
This policy brief discusses the benefits of energy efficiency programs to lending partners, with a specific focus on Austin Energy's lending partner, Velocity Credit Union.
- NYSERDA's Green Jobs-Green New York Program: Extending energy efficiency financing to underserved households
This policy brief discusses innovative financing options designed to expand the accessibility of energy efficiency financing to households that typically do not qualify for traditional loans.
- Scaling energy efficiency in the heart of the residential market: Increasing middle america's access to capital for energy improvements
This policy brief discusses how energy efficiency programs are using credit enhancements, novel underwriting criteria, and innovative financing tools to increase the availability of financing for middle income households.
- Using Qualified Energy Conservation Bonds (QECBs) to fund a residential energy efficiency loan program: Case study on Saint Louis County, MO
This policy brief outlines Saint Louis County's experience issuing more than $10 million of QECBs to finance SAVES, the county's residential energy efficiency loan program.
- "Clean Energy Financing Programs: A decision resource for states and communities" and Financing program decision tool
These resources, developed by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), were designed for state and local governments interested in developing a financing program to support energy efficiency and clean energy improvements.
Marketing and driving demand
July 12 Residential EE Program design
A national overview and analysis of EE programs.
Residential Energy Efficiency Program case studies, PowerPoint by Merrian Goggio Borgeson, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
July 19 Connecting real estate values to energy efficiency investments
Presentations on existing and proposed methods to link EE to residential real estate values.
Bringing energy efficiency into the real estate value chain, Robin LeBaron, National Home Performance Council
NRDC on valuing EE investments, Dylan Sullivan, Phil Henderson and Richard Faesy, National Resources Defense Council
July 26 Ohio electric utilities report on all-electric homes
AEP, DP&L, Duke and First Energy outline all-electric customer profiles in their service areas.
Snapshot of AEP Ohio all-electric residential characteristics 2012, Jon Williams, AEP
Duke Energy Ohio: Electrically heated homes information, Tim Duff, Duke
Aug 2 Ohio Home Performance Programs
Report on all residential EE programs in effect at electric and gas companies in Ohio.
Data from Ohio Multi-Measure Residential EE Programs, Powerpoint by Merrian Goggio Borgeson, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab
Ohio Multi-Measure EE Programs, spreadsheet compilation of statewide survey by Merrian Goggio Borgeson
Aug 30 Preliminary conversations to form a coalition to promote energy efficiency in Ohio
Proposed Energy Efficiency Coalition Name
Potential stakeholders for PUCO home performance meeting
Sub-group descriptions for EE Ramp-Up Coalition